Matador Tennis Drops 7-0 Decision to Long Beach State
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. ---
The Cal State Northridge women's tennis team (9-7, 3-3 Big West) lost 7-0 to Long Beach State Saturday afternoon in a Big West Conference match at the Rhodes Tennis Center. CSUN threatened to take the doubles point and Alexis Marquez forced a decisive third set, but the Matadors were swept by the 49ers.
In singles action, Marquez won the second set of her sixth draw in a tiebreaker to force a decisive third set. However, she ultimately lost 7-5, 6-7 (3), 11-9. Every other Matador lost in straight sets.
Northridge will look to snap the skid with a similarily tough challenge with a home match against UC Irvine on April 6. First serve is slated for 11 a.m.
1. Ebba Unden/Klaudia Malenovska (LBSU) def. Anna Yang/Sabrina Man-Son-Hing (CSUN) 8-5
2. Sarah Cantlay/Anne-Sophie Willems (LBSU) def. Maria Pistalu/Lorraine Cheung (CSUN) 8-5
3. Anna Jeczmionka/Hazuki Onaga (LBSU) def. Jessica Warren/Corrine Schnyder (CSUN) 8-2
1. Ebba Unden (LBSU) def. Maria Pistalu (CSUN) 6-1, 6-1
2. Klaudia Malenovska (LBSU) def. Anna Yang (CSUN) 6-2, 6-0
3. Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) def. Sabrina Man-Son-Hing (CSUN) 6-2, 6-2
4. Anna Jeczmionka (LBSU) def. Lorraine Cheung (CSUN) 6-2, 6-3
5. Anne-Sophie Willems (LBSU) def. Jessica Warren (CSUN) 6-0, 6-0
6. Hazuki Onaga (LBSU) def. Alexis Marquez (CSUN) 7-5, 6-7 (3), 11-9