CSUN Overall Stats - 16-17
Game Gossip …
- #5 seed Cal State Northridge (16-17) vs #3 Long Beach State (15-16), Friday, March 14, 2014, 9:00 pm, Honda Center, The Big West Conference Tournament Semifinals
- The CSUN vs Long Beach State game will be televised live on ESPNU and ESPN3.
- Live Stats, Twitter updates and internet radio coverage will be available on Gomatdors.com
Record Review …
- Cal State Northridge is 16-17 overall … CSUN has won nine games by six points or less.
- CSUN has played a school record seven overtime games (5-2) this year … Six (4-2) of those overtime games have been played during the last 12 games.
- CSUN is now 3-0 in neutral court games this year, and 6-0 in the last two seasons.
Series Story …
- Long Beach State holds a 35-21 advantage in the series against Cal State Northridge … The 49ers had won nine straight games over the Matadors until their last meeting on March 6, 2014 … On that date at the Matadome, CSUN recorded a 91-83 decision, thanks in part to a career-high 28 points (13-for-13 from the free throw line) from Stephan Hicks … Josh Greene and Tre Hale-Edmerson each added 15 points … Stephen Maxwell added 13 points and a team-high nine rebounds.
- Only twice (1-1) in the 56-game series between CSUN and LBS have the games been played on neutral grounds … The last time was during the 1965-66 season.
Free Throw Facts …
- Cal State Northridge has again taken over the nation's lead in free throws made … With 23 free throws against Hawaii, the Matadors have made a school record 719 charity tosses … Brigham Young has 707 to rank second nationally.
- CSUN leads the nation in free throw percentage … The Matadors have a free throw percentage of .788 compared to .783 for Providence College.
- In 18 games, CSUN has hit 80 percent or better from the free throw line.
Greene's Gossip …
- Josh Greene continues to have an amazing year from the free throw line … With a 9-for-9 effort against Hawai'i on Thursday night at the Big West Conference Tournament Quarterfinals, Greene now is shooting .924 (158-for-171), tops in the Big West Conference and well ahead of the school record of .869 set by Chuck Malouf in 1963-64 … Greene's .924 free throw percentage is currently second-best for a single season in Big West Conference history … The league record holder is Clay McKnight (Pacific), who hit 74-of-78 tosses form the charity stripe for a .949 percentage in 1999-00.
- Josh Greene, who has broken seven school records this season, is aiming at two more school marks … In addition to the single season free throw percentage record chronicled earlier in these game notes, Greene has a career free throw percentage of .873 (400-for-458), ahead of the current school record of .867 set by Chuck Malouf (1961-64).