Eligibility for Membership/Nomination to the Matador Athletics Hall of Fame
A nominee must have competed, coached for, or rendered extraordinary service to California State University, Northridge Athletics. Nominations may be made in any of the following categories.
1. Former Students - Athletic Achievement. A former student-athlete is eligible for nomination a minimum of five years following the graduation of his or her class. To be considered a student-athlete each must have achieved at least one of the following: National Player of the Year, NCAA Champion - as an Individual or in a Team sport, All-America Team selection, All-Region, Conference Player of the Year, All-Conference, All-Academic American, U.S. Olympic/National Team member.
2. Former Students - Professional Achievement. A former student-athlete is eligible for nomination a minimum of five years following the graduation of his or her class. To be considered, a former student must have brought recognition to California State University, Northridge Athletics by distinguishing themselves in professional fields, other than and including professional athletics.
3. Coach or Administrator - A coach or administrator is eligible a minimum of five years following his or her tenure with the University, or in the case of active personnel, having reached the age of 60. The individual must have served the athletic program in some capacity for a minimum of five years.
4. Distinguished Service - Special recognition for distinguished service may be given for exceptional contributions and service to the athletic program at California State University, Northridge.
5. Athletic Team - Entire teams may be inducted based upon the winning of a National Championship.
6. Posthumous Award - Nominations and induction may be posthumously awarded.
Those inducted into THE MATADOR ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME may be removed based on verified personal conduct that does not represent the high standards associated with Hall of Fame recognition.
Nomination Procedures to the Hall of Fame Any interested person may nominate a candidate by submitting, in writing, an approved nomination form to The Matador Athletics Hall of Fame Committee. A person may not nominate himself or herself.
All nominations, in written form, must be submitted to the Committee by September 1, 2013 for consideration for induction in February 2014. No more than five inductees per year to the Hall of Fame. Nominees not selected will automatically be considered for three years, after which they must be re-nominated. There will be no limit on the number of times an individual may be nominated.
For additional information contact Tom Ford, Associate Athletics Director – External Relations at 818-677-4837 or email@example.com