Final Big West Match of 2013 Sends CSUN to Hawai’i
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. ---
Matadors face Rainbow Wahine in Final Fixture of 2013
The Cal State Northridge women's soccer team (6-11-1, 1-5-1 Big West) heads to the Hawaiian Islands to face the University of Hawai'i Rainbow Wahine in its final contest of the 2013 season. The match between the Matadors and Rainbow Wahine will be on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 3 p.m. (HT) // Noon (PT) from the Waipi'o Peninsula Soccer Stadium in Honolulu.
The match will be broadcast on BigWest.tv and also have live stats available at GoMatadors.com. Fans are also encouraged to check with the CSUN Athletic Department's official Twitter account (@GoMatadors) for in-game updates throughout the contest.
Last week, CSUN split its final two home matches of the calendar year, defeating Long Beach State 1-0 before falling to UC Irvine 2-1. Against the 49ers, Breanna McCallum scored her third goal of the season to tie her for the team lead while Amanda Smith registered her 10th career assist to move into sixth in school history. Against the Anteaters, Lyndsey Preston scored her second goal of the season to tie the match before a late goal sent UCI to the victory.
This week, CSUN tackles a Hawai'i squad that is 7-8-1 overall and 2-4-1 in Big West play. Tiana Fujimoto leads the Rainbow Wahine with nine goals and 18 points on the season. She has tallied six game-winning goals this year and registered 30 shots. The sister duo of Kama and Krystal Pascua have combined for four goals and six assists.
In net, Monk Berger has had a solid rookie season, posting a 1.08 goals-against average, .754 save percentage and six shutouts. The Matadors are 7-2 in the all-time series with Hawai'i and have won four straight contests, including a 2-1 victory in Honolulu in 2006.
- Northridge is 22-14-4 (.600) in Big West play since 2009
- CSUN has had six different players record a game-winning goal in 2013
- CSUN has had five different players score their first career goal in 2013
- Northridge has played in overtime 17 times since 2009 and is 4-5-8 in those contests
- CSUN has faced four Pac-12 opponents in 2013, its most games vs. the league since 2008
- Northridge recorded its second win vs. a Pac-12 opponent since 1999 with its victory over Oregon State
- Since the start of the 2008 season, CSUN is 30-1-2 when scoring at least 2 goals
- Since the start of the 2008 season, CSUN is 5-1-1 vs. the Mountain West Conference
- Since the start of the 2008 season, CSUN is 7-8-2 vs. the West Coast Conference
- Since the start of the 2009 season, CSUN has played in 55 one-goal games and 40 contests that ended 1-0
- Since the start of the 2010 season, CSUN is 23-14-3 (.613) in matches at Matador Soccer Field
- Senior Chloe McDaniel was the 2012 Big West Conference Defensive Player of the Year
- McDaniel was named one of 30 candidates for the Senior CLASS Award
- McDaniel was a 2013 Big West Scholar-Athlete
- Senior Amanda Smith is tied for sixth in school history with 10 career assists
- Junior Leandra Walker has a team-high four assists, tied for sixth in the Big West Conference