Feb. 27, 2010
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. -
Northridge Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
Cal State Northridge 65, UC Irvine 82
Feb. 27, 2010
The Matadors' loss to the Anteaters...
• Makes CSUN 4-22 (2-12 BWC) on the season.
• Drops Head Coach Staci Schultz's career record to 36-107.
• Makes the Matadors 17-19 all-time against UC Irvine.
• Gives CSUN a 375-589 all-time record.
• UC Irvine went on a 14-4 run over the first 4:36 of the game.
• Over 4:00 in the second half, the Matadors outscored the Anteaters 12-4, cutting the Irvine lead from 53-30 to 57-42.
• Following the Matadors run, the Anteaters responded with a 12-2 run that stretched their advantage to 69-44.
• Northridge attempted 43 free throws, their highest total of the season and converted on 26 attempts, their second-highest mark this year.
• The Matadors shot 3-for-17 from 3-point range for a 17.6 percentage, their second lowest of the season.
• CSUN outrebounded Irvine 44-37 in the game, including 18 offensive rebounds compared to the Anteaters' 11.
• The Anteaters outscored CSUN 17-5 off turnovers in the first half and finished with a 21-10 advantage.
• The Northridge bench outscored UC Irvine’s reserves 30-17 in the game.
• The Anteaters led from start-to-finish in the contest.
• Amanda Thomson set new season highs in points (13) and free throws made (5). She also tied a season high with four rebounds in the contest.
• Violet Alama converted 7-of-9 from the free throw line, which is the most she has made this season. Alama also had a game-high 10 rebounds, which ties her season-best mark.