February 24, 2010
CSUN Postgame Notes
Feb. 24, 2010
Northridge Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
Cal State Northridge 54, UC Santa Barbara 67
Feb. 24, 2010
The Matadors' loss to the Gauchos...
• Makes CSUN 4-21 (2-11 BWC) on the season.
• Drops Head Coach Staci Schultz's career record to 36-106.
• Makes the Matadors 11-34 all-time against UC Santa Barbara.
• Gives CSUN a 375-588 all-time record.
- Matador Head Coach Staci Schulz used the starting lineup of Anna Simmons, Amanda Thomson, Katrina Thompson, Jasmine Erving, and Analee Viena-Lota for the third consecutive game.
- Katrina Thompson set a new career high with 19 points, tied her career high by connecting on five treys and set a new season high by knocking down seven shots from the field.
- Thompson’s 5-of-11 shooting performance from behind the arc makes her 44 percent (34-of-77) from 3-point land for the season.
- Anna Simmons’ 37 minutes played were good for a new career high, while her three assists tied a career best.
- Jasmine Erving earned the sixth double-double of her career, finishing the game with 13 points and 10 rebounds,
- As a team, CSUN made seven 3-pointers, its second-most of the season.
- Northridge’s 20 3-point field goal attempts were also its second-most of the season.
- For the game, CSUN committed just 13 turnovers, its second-fewest of the season.
- The Matadors outscored the Guachos 22-15 over the final 8:09 of the first-half.
- UC Santa Barbara outscored Northridge 22-3 over a 9:03 span in the first-half.
- UCSB’s 47 field goal attempts were the fewest of the season for a Northridge opponent.
- The Guachos’ seven steals tied a Matador-opponent season low.