Feb. 24, 2010
Northridge Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
The Matadors' loss to the Gauchos...
• Makes CSUN 4-21 (2-11 BWC) on the season.
• Drops Head Coach Staci Schultz's career record to 36-106.
• Makes the Matadors 11-34 all-time against UC Santa Barbara.
• Gives CSUN a 375-588 all-time record.
- Matador Head Coach Staci Schulz used the starting lineup of Anna Simmons, Amanda Thomson, Katrina Thompson, Jasmine Erving, and Analee Viena-Lota for the third consecutive game.
- Katrina Thompson set a new career high with 19 points, tied her career high by connecting on five treys and set a new season high by knocking down seven shots from the field.
- Thompson’s 5-of-11 shooting performance from behind the arc makes her 44 percent (34-of-77) from 3-point land for the season.
- Anna Simmons’ 37 minutes played were good for a new career high, while her three assists tied a career best.
- Jasmine Erving earned the sixth double-double of her career, finishing the game with 13 points and 10 rebounds,
- As a team, CSUN made seven 3-pointers, its second-most of the season.
- Northridge’s 20 3-point field goal attempts were also its second-most of the season.
- For the game, CSUN committed just 13 turnovers, its second-fewest of the season.
- The Matadors outscored the Guachos 22-15 over the final 8:09 of the first-half.
- UC Santa Barbara outscored Northridge 22-3 over a 9:03 span in the first-half.
- UCSB’s 47 field goal attempts were the fewest of the season for a Northridge opponent.
- The Guachos’ seven steals tied a Matador-opponent season low.