NORTHRIDGE, Calif. - Cal State Northridge track & field takes its final tuneup prior to the Big West Outdoor Championships as the Matadors travel to Austin, Texas for Saturday's Longhorn Invitational at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
CSUN will send a full complement of athletes (21 women, 17 men) to the invitational which features the top-ranked Texas women and the seventh-ranked Longhorn men in addition to Akron, Baylor, Colorado, Concordia, East Texas State, Houston Baptist, Huston-Tilotson, Kentucky, McNeese State, North Texas, Sam Houston State, Stanford, Stephen F. Austin, TCU, Texas Tyler and Utah.
The meet will mark the Matadors' final outdoor appearance prior to the first stage of the Big West Championships. The multi-event portion of the conference championships begins May 9 with the main portion of the meet scheduled for the weekend of May 16-17.
Field events are scheduled to start at 12:30 p.m. Central time with running events scheduled to begin at 4:45 p.m. Visit Texassports.com for a live results link prior to the meet.
With over 90 Big West qualifying time/marks in the books, the Matadors will look to add conferece qualifiers this weekend. Heading into the weekend, Marie Veale has the Big West's top time in the 200 meters, Stephanie Hicks has the top time in 100 meter hurdles, Marissa Rossi has the top marks in both the long jump and triple jump while the CSUN women own the top time in both the 4x100 and 4x400 relays.
CSUN ENTRIES • Longhorn Invitational
Austin, Texas • Mike A. Myers Stadium • All Times Central
• Hammer (12:30 p.m.): Jakayla Daniels, Sydney Hubbard, Julienne Lewis-Sidqe, Mariah Counts, Monique Griffiths
• Javelin (2:00 p.m.): Mariah Counts
• Long Jump (2:30 p.m.): Stephanie Hicks
• Pole Vault (2:30 p.m.): Caitlin Nilssen, Brianna Tucker, Jenna Yowell, Tiana Webberley
• High Jump (4:30 p.m.): Ashley Henry
• 4x100-Meter Relay (4:45 p.m.): A & B Squads
• 100-Meter Hurdles (5:10 p.m.): Stephanie Hicks, Marie Veale
• Triple Jump (5:30 p.m.): Cydney Leath
• Discus (5:30 p.m.): Mariah Counts, Jakayla Daniels, Monique Griffiths
• 400 Meters (5:35 p.m.): Samantha Dirks
• 100 Meters (5:55 p.m.): Hafsatu Kamara, Briana Davis, Chiza Eze, Breionna Jackson
• 400-Meter Hurdles (6:30 p.m.): Ronisha Vallery
• 200 Meters (6:55 p.m.): Hafsatu Kamara, Lexis Lambert, Le'Shel Vines, Chiza Eze, Briana Davis, Breionna Jackson
• Shot Put (7:00 p.m.): Sydney Hubbard, Jakayla Daniels
• 4x400-Meter Relay (8:45 p.m.): A Squad
• Long Jump (2:30 p.m.): Josh Webster, Jory Rucker
• High Jump (2:30 p.m.): Derion Taylor, Lohnnie Tape-Jackson, Reggie Trotter
• Discus (3:00 p.m.): Tyler Milton, Evan Arnott
• 110-Meter Hurdles (5:20 p.m.): Joshua Hemphill, Kevin Finley
• Triple Jump (5:30 p.m.): Reggie Trotter, Josh Webster, Derion Taylor
• Pole Vault (5:30 p.m.): Trent Turner, Michael Manning, Cameron Van Dieren
• 400 Meters (5:45 p.m.): Christian Carter
• 100 Meters (6:05 p.m.): Kiyoshi Johnson, Jordan Taylor
• 400-Meter Hurdles (6:45 p.m.): Leran Hutchings
• Shot Put (7:00 p.m.): Evan Arnott
• 200 Meters (7:05 p.m.): Jordan Taylor, Christian Carter
• 800 Meters (8:30 p.m.): Alex Monsivaiz
- GOMATADORS.COM -
Photo Courtesy of Bobby Hester Photography