Dec. 22, 2010
Cal State Northirdge 79 Santa Clara 99
December 22, 2010
The Matadors' loss to the Broncos...
• Makes CSUN 3-8 on the season
• Drops Northridge to 0-2 in the all-time series with Santa Clara
• Gives head coach Bobby Braswell a career record of 219-210 (.510)
• Gives CSUN an all-time record of 691-742 (.482)
• Drops the Matadors' all-time record at The Matadome to 392-199 (.663)
• Tonight's game was the last non-conference game before Big West play begins for CSUN
• It is the first of three-straight home games for the Matadors
• Rashaun McLemore led CSUN in scoring with 21 points, the second game in a row he has led the way for Northridge.
• McLemore also had 21 points in CSUN's last game, a 70-69 loss at Cal State Bakersfield.
• McLemore went 6-of-6 from the free-throw line, his most attempts and makes of his career.
• Lenny Daniel scored 17 points for Northridge, his seventh-straight game scoring in double-digits.
• Daniel matched a career high with nine free throws made.
• Daniel tied a season high with two assists.
• Vinnie McGhee set a new season high with four 3-pointers, one shy of his career mark.
• McGhee finished with a season-high 16 points, six field goals and three rebounds.
• McGhee's four 3-pointers tie for the most by an individual Matador this season. McLemore had four 3-pointers against Cal (11/16/10) and Air Force (12/2/10).
• Dathan Lyles recorded a career-high five steals.
• Cal State Northridge shot .889 from the free-throw line (24-27), its highest mark of the season.
• Santa Clara set new Northridge opponent season highs in points (99), field goals (32), 3-pointers (9), 3-point percentage (.474, 9-of-19) and free throw percentage (.788, 26-of-33).
• CSUN set a new season low with 23 rebounds and 12 turnovers.