Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Camille Mahlknecht, Women's Basketball
Freshman Camille Mahlknecht has had a successful start to her college basketball career with the Matadors.
Entering the Dec. 19 contest at Oregon, Mahlknecht has averaged 6.5 points and 5.0 rebounds through CSUN's first 10 games. She scored a season-high 14 points and seven field goals in the Matadors' game at Oregon State on Nov. 17.
In CSUN's win over San Jose State on Dec. 7, Mahlknecht led all players with 13 rebounds, setting a new season high in the process. She also leads the Matadors in field goal percentage, as of 12/19, having hit 26-of-54 attempts (.481).
Mahlknecht also ranks second in blocked shots with 14 on the season, trailing ony teammate Jasmine Erving.
2011 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- Nov. 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- Nov. 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball
- Dec. 5 - Jessica Duarte, Basketball
- Dec. 12 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball