Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Ashlee Guay, Women's Basketball
Freshman Ashlee Guay has turned in several impressive performances for the Cal State Northridge women's basketball team this season, helping lead the Matadors to their best start in seven seasons.
Last week, she had nine points, six assists and four steals as CSUN beat San Jose State 85-55. The 30-point victory was the Matadors' most lopsided win in over 11 years. Then against Fresno State, she finished with 12 points, five rebounds and three assists.
For the season, Guay is averaging 9.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 3.8 steals per game. She ranks among the league leaders in assists, steals and minutes per game.
2011 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- Nov. 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- Nov. 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball
- Dec. 5 - Jessica Duarte, Basketball