Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Jessica Duarte, Women's Basketball
Freshman Jessica Duarte brings a potent offensive punch to the Matadors' line-up.
Since making her debut against Colgate, Duarte has proven to bring offensive punch to the Matadors' line-up. She had seven big points, including her first career trey, in the Matadors' victory over West Virginia.
More recently, she knocked down two 3-pointers in both of the Matadors' games last week (Santa Clara, Pepperdine) and had a season-high 11 points against the Waves.
For the season, Duarte is averaging 6.8 points and 1.5 rebounds. She is already second on the team with five 3-pointers on the season.
2011 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- Nov. 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- Nov. 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball