Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Kaitlyn Petersen, Women's Basketball
Redshirt sophomore Kaitlyn Petersen helped lead the Matadors to the Woodland Hills Holiday Inn Thanksgiving Basketball Classic 2011 title with a pair of strong performances last week. For her efforts, Petersen earned a spot on the all-tournament team.
Against Colgate, she had 13 points and three assists in 19 minutes of action. The next day, Petersen scored CSUN’s first 13 points en route to a season-high 17 as Northridge knocked off West Virginia for the tournament title.
Against the Mountaineers, she was a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line and now ranks second in the conference and 45th in the nation with a season percentage of .903 (28-for-31).
For the year, Petersen is averaging 11.2 points, second on the team and 15th in the league, to go along with 3.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists per contest.
2011 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- Nov. 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- Nov. 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball