Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Jasmine Erving, Women's Basketball
Jasmine Erving has helped the Matadors off to a fast start in the 2011-12 season. The senior from Santa Ana, Calif., has played a pivotal role as CSUN has started the year 2-0 for the first time since the 1998-99 campaign.
In the season opener against San Francisco, Erving had 11 rebounds and a career-high seven steals in the game. The 11 boards represent Erving's 14th carer double-figure rebounding game. The victory over the Dons was the first in program history for Northridge.
Three days later, Erving finished with 28 points and 14 rebounds in the win, finishing 11-of-19 from the field and 6-of-8 from the free throw line. She added four blocks and a steal in 37 minutes of action. Midway through the game, Erving surpassed 1,100 career points.
The win over LMU was CSUN's first since 1997 and the program's first in Los Angeles since 1990.
2011 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball