Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Lorraine Cheung, Tennis
Sophomore Lorraine Cheung won both her singles and doubles matches for the Matadors last week, helping the team to a victory over Furman University.
Against the Palladins, Cheung posted a 6-2, 4-6 and 6-0 over Susan Bitetti in the No. 6 singles contest. In doubles play, she teamed with Maria Pistalu to win 8-6 in their third draw to help the Matadors win the doubles point.
Two days later, Cheung posted a 6-2, 6-4 decision over UCSB's Jordan Dockendorf to earn one of CSUN's two points in a loss to UCSB. In doubles against the Gauchos, she and Pistalu moved up to the No. 2 draw and took an 8-3 victory.
For the season, Cheung is 6-4 in singles play, including a 3-1 mark in Big West action. In doubles, she and Pistalu are now 6-4 on the year as well.
2011-12 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- November 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- November 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- November 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- November 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- November 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball
- December 5 - Jessica Duarte, Basketball
- December 12 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball
- December 19 - Camille Mahlknecht, Basketball
- January 5 - Violet Alama, Basketball
- January 12 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- January 19 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball
- January 26 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- January 31 - Sabrina Man-Son-Hing, Tennis
- February 6 - Janae Sharpe, Basketball
- February 13 - Anna Yang, Tennis
- February 20 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- February 27 - Nigora Sirojiddinova, Tennis