Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Sabrina Man-Son-Hing, Women's Tennis
Junior Sabrina Man-Son-Hing had a strong and prodcutive weekend for the Cal State Northridge women's tennis team as it competed in the 2012 ITA Kickoff Weekend on the campus of The University of Miami.
In the season opener against the No. 13 Hurricanes, Man-Son-Hing fell in straight sets in singles play but had a strong performance in doubles action. Teaming with senior Jennifer Sher, the tandem was leading 7-5 in the No. 1 doubles draw when the match was called because Miami had claimed the doubles point.
The next day, Man-Son-Hing was instrumental as the Matadors defeated No. 62 UC Santa Barbara for the first time in four years. Facing a familiar foe 3,000 miles from either school's campus, Man-Son-Hing captured the match-winning point with a 6-4, 6-2 victory in the No. 3 draw.
In doubles against the Gauchos, Man-Son-Hing teamed with Sher again and the duo posted an 8-5 victory in the No. 1 doubles match.
2011-12 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- November 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- November 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- November 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- November 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- November 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball
- December 5 - Jessica Duarte, Basketball
- December 12 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball
- December 19 - Camille Mahlknecht, Basketball
- January 5 - Violet Alama, Basketball
- January 12 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- January 19 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball
- January 26 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball