Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Jasmine Erving, Women's Basketball
Senior Jasmine Erving averaged 16 points in the Matadors’ two games last week, including a 19-point, 11-rebound performance against Cal Poly.
The Santa Ana, Calif., native enters Saturday’s game averaging 13.9 points and 8.2 rebounds per game, figures that rank fourth and second, respectively, among all Big West Conference players. The double-double was her eighth of the season and 21st of her career. The eight season double-doubles rank tied for 25th among all NCAA Division I players.
At UC Davis, she finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds and added 14 points and 10 rebounds in the Matadors’ win at Long Beach State.
She also leads all league players in blocks per game (1.6) and has a total of 31 on the season, including a career-high five rejections against Cal Poly. Erving now stands just three blocked shots shy of establishing a new school career record.
During the Thanksgiving Holiday, she earned her third career Big West Player of the Week award by posting a pair of double-doubles as CSUN won its Thanksgiving tournament.
2011-12 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- November 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- November 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- November 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- November 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- November 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball
- December 5 - Jessica Duarte, Basketball
- December 12 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball
- December 19 - Camille Mahlknecht, Basketball
- January 5 - Violet Alama, Basketball
- January 12 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- January 19 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball