Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Jasmine Erving, Women's Basketball
Senior Jasmine Erving posted 14 points and 10 rebounds in the Matadors’ win at Long Beach State, producing her sixth double-double of the season and 19th of her career.
Erving finished 7-of-12 from the field and added two blocks to her 14 points and 10 rebounds. She now has 19 double-doubles for her career and is five points shy of 1,300 for her career.
The Santa Ana, Calif., native enters Saturday’s game averaging 14.7 points and 8.5 rebounds per game, figures that rank third and second, respectively, among all Big West Conference players. She also leads all league players in blocks per game (1.6) and has a total of 22 on the season.
During the Thanksgiving Holiday, she earned her third career Big West Player of the Week award by posting a pair of double-doubles as CSUN won its Thanksgiving tournament. Against Colgate, Erving led Northridge with 18 points and 11 rebounds and then had 10 points and 13 rebounds in the championship game against West Virginia.
2011-12 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- Nov. 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- Nov. 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball
- Dec. 5 - Jessica Duarte, Basketball
- Dec. 12 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball
- Dec. 19 - Camille Mahlknecht, Basketball
- Jan. 5 - Violet Alama, Basketball