Women's Student-Athlete of the Week - Violet Alama, Women's Basketball
Junior Violet Alama continues to bring a strong presence off the bench for the Matadors.
Against UC Irvine, she finished with six points, four rebounds and four steals Two days later, she had nine points and a game-high 11 rebounds as the Matadors defeated UC Riverside. Alama also had a nice performance at Portland, finishing with 11 points, five rebounds, four assists and two steals against the Pilots in 19 minutes of action off the bench.
She recorded her sixth career double-double in the Matadors’ victory at San Francisco, finishing with 15 points and 10 rebounds in the victory. Then in CSUN’s win at LMU, she added 14 points, including two 3-pointers, and eight rebounds.
Through 14 games, Alama is averaging 8.4 points and 6.2 rebounds, the 10th-best average in the Big West.
2011 Women's Student-Athletes of the Week:
- September 9 - Heidi Farran, Soccer
- September 14 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- September 20 - Fany Alvarado, Cross Country
- October 4 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- October 11 - Nicole Cruz, Soccer
- October 18 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- October 25 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 1 - Marisa Miller, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Natalie Allen, Volleyball
- Nov. 15 - Jasmine Erving, Basketball
- Nov. 22 - Casey Hinger, Volleyball
- Nov. 29 - Kaitlyn Petersen, Basketball
- Dec. 5 - Jessica Duarte, Basketball
- Dec. 12 - Ashlee Guay, Basketball
- Dec. 19 - Camille Mahlknecht, Basketball