Men's Student-Athlete of the Week - Stephan Hicks, Basketball
Stephan Hicks, a freshman guard on the men’s basketball team, was a key component on both sides of the ball for the Matadors this week. In the season opener at USC on Nov. 11, Hicks dropped in 19 points and also grabbed eight rebounds. He added an assist and two steals to his total for Northridge and was eight-for-eight from the free-throw line in his first collegiate game.
Against the University of Hawaii on Nov. 14, the Thousand Oaks, Calif., native increased his season high by scoring 22 points and pulling down 17 rebounds for his first career double-double. Hicks had six offensive boards and went four-for-four from the line in front of a national television audience on ESPN.
Hicks graduated from National College Prep in Los Angeles in 2011 and averaged 18 points and six rebounds per game during his senior season. He also attended Agoura High School as a junior and averaged 17 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.1 steals per game.
Northridge Past Male Student-Athletes of the Week
- September 6 - Goalkeeper Michael Abalos, Soccer
- September 14 - Chris Smith, Soccer
- September 20 - Chris Russo, Golf
- October 4 - Thomas Ramos, Soccer
- October 11 - Rafael Garcia, Soccer
- October 18 - Cesar Lopez, Cross Country
- October 25 - Jose Luis Garcia, Soccer
- Nov. 1 - Nicholas Hamilton, Soccer
- Nov. 8 - Alberto Rosas, Soccer