Matadors Place 17 on Fall Big West Academic All-Conference Team
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. -
Seventeen student-athletes at Cal State Northridge were recognized for their efforts on the field and in the classroom when the Big West Conference announced its Fall 2013 Academic All-Conference Team on Thursday afternoon. Matador student-athletes earned the honor in all five sports included in the Fall awards: women's volleyball, women's soccer, men's soccer, women's cross country and men's cross country.
"We are proud of our student-athletes who excel in the classroom," said Cal State Northridge Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Brandon E. Martin. "Building a solid academic foundation is paramount for success now and later in life, and I want to congratulate these student-athletes on this much-deserved honor."
In total, 190 student-athletes from nine member institutions in the Big West were named to the Academic All-Conference Team. To be eligible student-athletes must maintain a cumulative 3.00 GPA, have standing as at least a sophomore academically, and compete in a minimum of 50 percent of his or her team's competitions during the season.
For the complete list of honorees, click here.
Matadors on Academic All-Big West Team:
- Britney Graff - Senior - Kinesiology
- Casey Hinger - Junior - Child Development
- Haley Chee - Senior - Business and Finance
- Tabatha Dickson - Sophomore - Kinesiology
- Chloe McDaniel - Senior - Kinesiology
- Brittanie Sakajian - Junior - Finance and Real Estate
- Amanda Smith - Senior - Biology
- Cynthia Tafoya - Sophomore - English
- Wendy Warner - Senior - Nutrition
- Yarden Azulay - Junior - Marketing
- Brian Behrad - Senior - Kinesiology
- Patrick Hickman - Sophomore - Business
- Trevor Morley - Junior - Kinesiology
- Pol Schonhofer Bartra - Sophomore - Kinesiology
Women's Cross Country
- Alexis Pichardo - Senior - Journalism
Men's Cross Country
- Julio Mora - Senior - Health Administration
- Marcelo Rosales - Sophomore - Kinesiology